My career in the helping profession began during my completion of my B.A. in Child and Youth Care from the University of the Fraser Valley over 5 years ago. In addition to being a Child and Youth Care worker, I have a
Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology from Adler University. My career pathway has given me knowledge, practice and experience in helping others across the lifespan, from therapeutically supporting families with infants to supporting seniors. I have worked with children, youth, families, adults and couples with various challenges, such as trauma, parenting strategies, divorce, behaviour challenges, mental illness, grief and loss, life transitions, relational conflict, premarital counselling, abuse and healing, stress management, and spirituality exploration and/or healing from spiritual abuse.
I have training, experience and interest in working with individuals and couples around:
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Experiences of abuse in childhood and/or adulthood
- Issues with sexual intimacy and/or healing from sexual trauma
- Family communication and healing attachment bonds
- Children or Adolescent
- Play Therapy
- Emotion Regulation
- Childhood issues including trauma
- Communication Skills
- Suicidal Ideation
- Domestic violence
- Domestic abuse
- Career development
- Stress management and Adaptive coping
- Spirituality exploration and/or healing from spiritual abuse
- Marital and Premarital (Gottman’s Level 1 Certified)
- Relational conflict in heterosexual, gay, lesbian, and bisexual relationships
I am always humbled and honoured to be invited to participate in another’s journey and I commit to meeting you with openness, compassion and empathy, and to creating a safe space for you to experience healing and deeper connection with self and others.
I offer a free 30 minute session for us to meet and see if we are a good fit for one another. If you do not feel that I am the right fit for you, I absolutely encourage you to continue on to someone who better meets your needs. Trust and safety in the room will grow and develop with time, but your sense of connection and safety with your counsellor is a critical aspect to your own healing and self-growth.
To make an appointment, you may contact me through the following: